Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Babies and Beer




Hey all, it's Willie.  This post is a little late in coming - mom has been too busy to sit with me and let me use her laptop.

Olivia's morning surprise
But anyway...All the babies are here!  Yep!   I got little baby cows on the other side of the fence!   I told you about the first one, baby Lane.   Well, now there's 2 more!  Mom went outside one morning to feed us, and there was a new baby!  Olivia had her baby overnight.  They named that baby Rose.  Then my mom was watching Bobbie, and said you know, I think she's gonna have hers today, too.  So later mom went into the house to have some lunch, came back outside and there was another baby!  I told mom not to go inside!  If she had stayed out with me she'd have seen the whole thing!  They named that baby little Bob.  My mom calls him Bobble because he's got some growing to do to fit into his legs.

Bobbie and her brand new baby


Dad helping to tag Bobble's ear

We were sad, though, because Flo lost her baby.  They took Flo to the vet school when her baby didn't come, and mom said the baby was a breech and didn't make it.  Mom said it happens sometimes, no telling why.  But Flo had to stay at the vet school for a good week and let her belly heal.  Now she's back at the cow farm to recover.

So now it seems like there's cows everywhere!  The mamas call their babies and it's funny to hear them moo and the babies sometimes sass them back and then they get in trouble. I wouldn't want to mess with a cow mama - they are tough!

Mom and baby Rose
The babies follow my mom around - I can't blame them.  Sometimes she has treats, and she always stops to scratch my itchy spots and once those babies figure that out they aren't gonna leave her alone!  My people like to watch the cow babies run around and play.  Sometimes my dad goes out there and has a beer and talks to the cows, and I'm all like "hey, I like beer and I'll listen to you talk all day long!"

Dad and his namesake


Deuce getting baby cow kisses from Lane

Hey, wait - are those my cookies?
Following my mom


Now, the big question is - did I get my beer after the babies came?  Well, it took mom a week or two, but she finally sat and fed me some peanuts and shared a beer with me.   We should have cow babies all the time if I can get some beer for it!

Yay!  Beer!

W.


No comments:

Post a Comment